Monday, July 23, 2012

I Am A Hypocrite!


I AM A HYPOCRITE! Yes, I admit it.  I fully believe in being in tune with and aware of your body. That if you are experiencing anything less than feeling good and having the energy to support you in your daily activities your body is trying to tell you something. That if you are not feeling well, or have low energy that you should take ownership and accountability for your health, and that with the right information, nutrition, exercise, rest, and if necessary supplements you can feel great, and have the energy to support you in your daily life.  I know that the first question to ask yourself is if it is physical or emotional, as that gives you a direction to go in.  

 I have been feeling fatigued, blah and just not feeling myself for quite awhile. I did ask, through muscle testing, (if you want to know more about muscle testing, and how it can benefit your emotional and physical health, come to my next class)  if it was physical or emotional and found that it was physical. I did some research and found that my thyroid was an issue. The fact that my hair was falling out by the hand fulls was a pretty good sign along with other symptoms I found on the internet. Through further research I found that spiralina, a natural source of iodine, and what your thyroid is lacking when it is acting up would help. I asked my body if that is what it needed and it was a yes. After a month I was feeling a little better, my mood especially was more stable, and my hair is definately thicker, but I was still feeling tired most of the time. I wanted to believe that if I just ate more vegetables, and less sugar, and got more rest, it would go away. I didn't want to be bothered with a problem, and I didn't want to spend the money that I knew it would take to fix an issue so I tried to positive talk myself into feeling better. The saying, "Why do I do what I do, when I know what I know?" comes to mind."

I finally raised my white flag, and surrendered to the fact that what I was doing was not working and if I wanted to have the energy I needed to take care of my family and run my business I needed more information and knowledge than what I currently had.  I called and made an appointment with Vickie, a long time family friend and homeopath.  She has a great gift of  healing and tuning into your body and discovering what isn't working and why.  She told me that the Epstein Barr virus (what causes chronic fatigue) has invaded my Liver, Spleen, and Large Intestine and that is why  no matter how much rest I got I still felt fatigued most of the time. My heart sank as everything I had learned about this virus is that once you have it you never get rid of it.  I expressed my concern and she told me not to worry that she has had great success in helping many of her clients, including her husband heal from this.  I breathed a sigh of relief and asked her what my next step was.  She told me the first thing I was to do was eliminate all vegetables from the night shade family, which includes tomatoes, peppers, and potatoes :(  because they have a chemical in them that actually feeds this virus.  I whined that tomatoes were like candy to me and homemade salsa is my treat of choice in the summer.  Once again in her positive reassuring manner she assured me that if I would leave them alone for just two months I could have all the salsa I could eat. :) I can do anything for two months right?   She also suggested I take certain supplements to assist my body to  get rid of the virus, strengthen my liver, spleen, and immune system, and B vitamins to give me energy. She then coached me that as my body is getting rid of the virus, I might feel worse before I start to feel better. 

This morning, five days later,  I got up to teach my 6:30 A.M. exercise class and as we were warming up I realized that my legs felt like were filled with lead, and underneath my arms where my lymph nodes are were really achy, as well as my joints. I realized this must be the "feeling worse day" she was talking about.  Sooooo I came home and took the day off. :)  Thats what I love about being self employed and my own boss!! I went back to bed and slept and read till noon. Took my daughter to the mall, had some lunch, and decided that it was important to me to keep the commitment that I have made to myself  to write a post every Monday whether I felt like I had anything of relevance to share or not. Commitment fulfilled. Now I think I will get a chicken veggie delite pizza with garlic sauce from Papa Murphy's for dinner tonight and relax, it's been a rough day. LOL

So my question to you is are you feeling your best, or is your body trying to tell you something? If so are you going to listen?

No comments:

Post a Comment